17 September 2011

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Sorry I’ve been MIA everyone!  It’s been a week since I’ve posted ( I wrote a few entries, and decided they were just too boring to share).  But honestly, nothing too remarkable happened this past week.  We had the end of our orientation course and some placement exams, and free time was spent hanging out in some awesome parks, having the tastiest ice cream that’s yet to be discovered, and relaxing with friends.  I seem to be getting pretty comfortable in this fabulous city.  It still feels like a vacation, but I’m sure that’ll change next week when my 16 credits all in Spanish kick in.  The most exciting thing we did last week was when a bunch of us got together to start planning our travel for the semester.  We booked one trip successfully so far – we’re going to Salamanca!  Other trips that we are working out the details for include: Barcelona, Spain; Lisbon and Porto, Portugal; Prague, Czech Republic; Berlin, Germany; Vienna Austria; Copenhagen, Denmark, possibly Croatia, and many more!  Nothing is official other than Salamanca, except for the fact that we already want more time here.

On the left is Ferrero Rocher ice cream and the right is raspberry and blackberry sorbet.  So incredibly delicious.